Shipping my reptiles? From Hawaii to Texas

Meluvstheturtles

Location (City and/or State)
Keaau
Hi everyone! I am looking to ship a tortoise and three turtles from Hawaii to Texas. I have
So far I’ve found out I need a health certificate from a Vet.
I’ve also read something about fish&game needing to approve it too? I’ve been unable to find a contact for fish&game in Hawaii.

Any advice/experience with shipping reptiles would be loved! First time shipping them. I want the process to go smoothly to put the least amount of stress on the reptiles.
Who do I contact to get the approval I need to ship my reptiles?
I believe FedEx is going to allow the shipment. What is the most comfortable shipping box design I can make for my reptiles moving process?

I am also considering bringing them on the airplane with me but I’m having a hard time finding a plane company that will allow me to bring more than one animal at a time. I have a cat and dog I am already going to be needing to fly back to bring both of them over, one at a time.
FD09E461-1503-4018-862C-D9261666268A.jpeg

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi everyone! I am looking to ship a tortoise and three turtles from Hawaii to Texas. I have
So far I’ve found out I need a health certificate from a Vet.
I’ve also read something about fish&game needing to approve it too? I’ve been unable to find a contact for fish&game in Hawaii.

Any advice/experience with shipping reptiles would be loved! First time shipping them. I want the process to go smoothly to put the least amount of stress on the reptiles.
Who do I contact to get the approval I need to ship my reptiles?
I believe FedEx is going to allow the shipment. What is the most comfortable shipping box design I can make for my reptiles moving process?

I am also considering bringing them on the airplane with me but I’m having a hard time finding a plane company that will allow me to bring more than one animal at a time. I have a cat and dog I am already going to be needing to fly back to bring both of them over, one at a time.
View attachment 307627
You won't be allowed to bring a turtle or tortoise into the passenger compartment of any US air carrier, so you can forget that possibility. You could check with the airlines to see if any will let you check them through as excess baggage as we used to do in the old days with dogs and other animals (in airline approved carriers). That way they can go on the same flight as you do, but the probability that you can do that any longer is slim. I haven't done it in years.

Meluvstheturtles

Location (City and/or State)
Keaau
I think Texas has some strict laws about diamondback terrapins . I’d figure this out first before shipping
Your so right! It looks like they are protected there. :( I’m hoping maybe some kind of permit or license will allow her to be there with me. I’m glad she’s a protected turtle but still I would never dream of a life without her