Shorty and Duma enjoying summer sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Shorty and Duma have been enjoying the summer sun this year! Shorty got used to spending all day outside last year so he only did half days for 2 weeks as soon as it got to the triple digits here. This weekend Duma spent her first full day outside! She has been doing half days for a little over a month. I think they love the extra space of the outdoor enclosure! I'll post pics tomorrow. Should i provide a humid hide outdoors? I bring them in each night and they sleep in their indoor humid hides all night. The enclosure has a drip line that wets down the enclosure and one of the two flower pot hides twice a day. The drip line also keeps the water bowl nice and fresh. Also doing daily soaks for duma and every other day soaks for shorty when i bring them in at night. Am I missing anything? now here are a couple pics of them having supervised lawn time :) I'll take some pics of them enjoying the enclosure tomorrow.

Duma
d55d4579.jpg

Short
fe2ecd2f.jpg

Thanks guys for Always helping me when I have questions! Shorty is finally smoothing out and I don't want to lose that.

The end pic lol
b1cce71f.jpg

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hi Melissa...great pics! Can't wait to see more! You are such a great tortie mama:) Everything you mentioned sounds wonderful and our environment is close to their natural one. I wouldn't worry about the outdoor humid hide box. Monsoons are coming:)

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Great pics!! They are such beautiful torts. :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Ok here are pics of them enjoying the enclosure :) the drip system hadn't gone off yet.
67356b7c.jpg

And the enclosure itself. it has 3 hides.
7add37fb.jpg

TortieLuver said:
Hi Melissa...great pics! Can't wait to see more! You are such a great tortie mama:) Everything you mentioned sounds wonderful and our environment is close to their natural one. I wouldn't worry about the outdoor humid hide box. Monsoons are coming:)

I almost forgot about monsoons! Thanks Christy! Duma is amazing! She walks right up to you to have her head and neck rubbed. Shorty won't even let me take a pic of his face let alone touch it. He always does an about face when I get in front of him lol!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yay~more lovely pictures! They look great and so does the enclosure:) I'm so glad that Duma is personable. They are both very beautiful! I just showed my daughter your posting and that Duma was from our tortoise family:)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
TortieLuver said:
Yay~more lovely pictures! They look great and so does the enclosure:) I'm so glad that Duma is personable. They are both very beautiful! I just showed my daughter your posting and that Duma was from our tortoise family:)

Thank you Christy! I'll be updating Duma's growth thread this weekend so keep an eye out. She broke the100 gram mark this week and Shorty broke into the 200 gram range :) Duma is great. We are so happy we got her from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.