Shorty's growth over time. updates all in one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix Arizona
Shorty is now 1 year old as (as of 5/15). he got a tiny slice of strawberry to celebrate! Shorty is now 189 grams! looking back at my first picture of him its hard to believe its the same tortoise below! he is the larger of the two in the pictures :)

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

what do you think he is looking like so far? i know its to early to really tell just curious what you guys think :D

photo4.jpg

ps as you can see his shell has improved since i changed his hide to a "tom style" humid hide :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
thank you! I am so happy i changed up his hide. he is growing so much better! I know i have a while till he can be sexed... i was just wondering if he/she was starting to lean one way or the other. it would be neat to see how much the bottom changes over time.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
DreadHeadMomma said:
He's grown so much :) His shell is gorgeous.

Ha ha thank you!! He is smoothing out well. A couple years from now it's going to be cool to look back at all the changes on these threads! Your baby Donatello is getting big too!

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
He looks great!! What a handsome little guy: -)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Shorty is now over 200 grams... my little guy is growing up!

new pics to show off his new growth:

shorty 6/25/12, 236g, 3 1/2"
IMG_1359.jpg

side view. hard to see in the picture but the pyramiding is smothing out. He is starting to get a flat space between them. I hate to even show it :(
IMG_1352.jpg

and i had to hold him up for a solid 2 minutes to wait for him to poke his head out to get this shot. its almost like he hates having his picture taken! maybe i should put a big red sticker on my phone!
IMG_1355.jpg

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
jesst said:
What a handsome guy you have there.

thank you :) he is so camera shy. He has so much more personality when i am not trying to take a picture of him. he tries to chase my hand out of his pen every morning when i am trying to clean it up.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
ok so its been a long while since the last update... Sorry!

Shorty really loved spending the summer outside. his growth slowed down a bit because he started grazing really well, so I cut back on supplementing his diet with Mazuri. I gave him a little bit of it once every couple weeks but other then that he was eating grass, weeds, bird seed weeds, hibiscus, the occasional pansy plant and cactus. now that his is for the winter he is getting more Mazuri, especially because the frost killed most of the plants in his pen.

anyways... here he is as of today. 1/18/13... 436g and 4.5" hard to believe that nickel used to be almost as big as him.
shortytop_zpsafa8c7ae.jpg

Side view... his pyramiding has slowed down and I just love his little spot by his back leg!
shortyside_zps133a649d.jpg

Almost as round as a softball lol
shortythesoftball_zpsf2942d85.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, shorty is sooooo beautiful!! You are doing an amazing job! Our babies are only a month apart. :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, shorty is sooooo beautiful!! You are doing an amazing job! Our babies are only a month apart. :)

lol except Shorty is tiny compared to Chewy! thank you. I love my big grumpy guy... or gal.

shellibelli72 said:
He is gorgeous! Love the cream colors coming through.

thank you :) and he is dry in the pictures! I took them before I soaked him.

MasterOogway said:
What a handsome boy! Wow. you have done a great job. He is looking good.

thank you! we had a little bit of a rough start but he is starting to slowly smooth out.

Status
Not open for further replies.