Should certain food items not be able to be bought with food stamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
exoticsdr said:
Actually, Terry, what I wish for is a return to the written letter of the Constitution and its original intent, not what we have today. I believe in hard work, self/family reliance and taking responsibility for my actions. I believe that NOBODY should get a free ride. I believe most of today's politicians should be in jail, along with 99.9% of the lawyers. I believe welfare takes away dignity and creates government reliance. As for my beliefs in whether or not you are an Obamamaniac, it's so hard to tell (No, not really)...you see, every time I hear Dear Leader speak he blames others (mostly Bush) for his problems....sounds like you frankly (blaming Bush for Obama's problems), sorry..just my take on your brand of politics.

We agree on much of that, but we disagree on letting one of the worst war criminals in history slide on HIS responsibilities, just because he has an (R) after his name.

He and his entire administration should individually and collectively stand trial in The Hague, so that justice can be done....if they can convince a fair and impartial judge and jury (which they'd never find in Corporate America) that they're not war criminals, fine, they can walk.

If not, they should be housed for the rest of their lives in Gitmo-huts, and put on display at national monuments throughout Washington, DC, as a reminder to all politicians of what utter moral corruption in politics can lead to...and to the world that America no longer tolerates criminals in office.

As for Obama, he's proving himself to be Bu$$h-Lite, and highly unlikely to be thought well of in history...and time will tell whether or not he'll deserve his own appearence at The Hague.

So far, no, but by the end of his 2nd term (and that 2nd term is certain, as the RNC can't pull off anything at this time, but maybe by 2016 or 2020), we'll better be able to tell.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How did we go from food stamps to bush-bashing?

Get back on track, ok?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, but this thread is titled should certain food items not be able to be bought with food stamps.

If you want to talk about whatever under the sun, there's a thread called "pretend chat" that doesn't follow any strict OT rules.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
Yes, but this thread is titled should certain food items not be able to be bought with food stamps.

If you want to talk about whatever under the sun, there's a thread called "pretend chat" that doesn't follow any strict OT rules.

While personally I was wondering how we got so far off topic too, I think we should get back on it. Instead of using the Pretend Chat thread, guys start a political or whatever you wish to title it debate thread in this section.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jacqui said:
emysemys said:

While personally I was wondering how we got so far off topic too, I think we should get back to it. Instead of using the Pretend Chat thread, guys start a political or whatever you wish to title it debate thread in this section.

Not a bad idea!

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ascott said:
Captain....I don't think alcohol nor cigarettes should be allowed for ebt purchase....but any other food or beverage should be aok :D

i agree with that

wosman

5 Year Member
I think there should be limitations assuming that these food stamps are provided by the government and thus tax payer money. Why would a tax payer ever feel it is appropriate to buy someone's booze, and doritos.

Also for the healthcare bit about why should the government tell you how to be healthy etc. Well again...tax payer money goes towards healthcare costs. Obesity related diseases are the number one expense of the medical system. It's very unfortunate since 99% of those obesity cases should never have happened if people would stop buying so much junk.

edit: i should clarify that no one can tell you what to eat (and no one should), but if someone (i.e. the taxpayer/government) has given you money to help yourself in tough times then one shouldn't be allowed to waste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.