Should I buy Zoomed Grassland Pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
I was wondering if I should buy Zoomed Pellets, to use once a week? Do I need to in other words? Or will he be good just eating greens, flowers, and veggies? I do put calcium powder on the greens twice a week and he gets outside time.

morloch

5 Year Member
It's not a necessity. But they like it. I give it to my guy once a week. I mix it with prickly pear.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not needed, but another item to add to their diet, which is always a good thing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You don't "need" it, but I think its a good part of a varied diet. I usually soak the pellets and mix it in with greens and stuff. Its a great way to improve the quality of grocery store greens.

I feed it to my guys once or twice a week, but I would not call it a "necessity" if the diet is good otherwise. Its a great product for tortoise owners in the frozen north who rely heavily on grocery store greens to get through the long winter.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It is one of those topics where opinions vary, and have changed greatly over the last few years. I think including one of the 'manufactured diets' as part of the overall diet is beneficial.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Ok thanks guys ^^ I will buy a container and see how it goes over. Hopefully he likes it and I will feed it every now and then probably one to two times a week, just to make sure he's getting all he needs.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I use a standard preparation of mixed greens and two 'whole' diets mixed in. Grassland is considered a 'whole' diet in that the label on the product says, it will meet the "whole" nutrient requirement of the animal. I also add wetted dry grass or fresh cut grass. These things are standard, but offered in varying proportions, with an occasional grated squash. yam, or other hard vegetables high in the yellow/orange/red color range.

Tortoises can become very fixed on a diet, and refuse all other preparations. If those fixed-on items become rare you are going to be one of the many TFO posters who claim their animal will "only eat . . ."

I suggest not going there in the first place and keep your pet readily eating a wide range of things as it is presented.

I think ZooMed grassland is an excellent whole food item to feed along with the mixed other things. The impending new Mazuri may also prove to be, IMO, another good 'whole' food source.

Will

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Just wanted to let you all know, I got him some today, one of the larger jars that my petco sells, and sprinkled four pellets on to his greens. He seems to like them. Especially with his watercress (which he loves any ways thank god I'm growing it XD) Thanks for all your help in the decision. I think if he likes them and they are good for him why not do it XD I have noticed he is somewhat of a picky eater though. I just have to try more greens and see what he likes ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.