Should I get a fecal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
My 2 year old sulcata (around 5 lbs), poops normal when outside but when inside only has diarrhea. It's always a pile of poop when I find it not the normal
strand if that makes sense lol
I live in MI so its impossible to keep her outside 24:7, its in the 30's right now. I thought it could be stress since she's otherwise normal and gaining weight but its been going on for a few weeks now :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
How does the diet change between indoors and out? There may not be enough fiber when your tort is indoors

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Indoors I give fresh weeds from outdoors, grocery store greens, cactus, and mazuri but I always put alfalfa and Timothy hay on top

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Could be stress related.

A fecal wouldn't hurt though.

rideburton87

5 Year Member
NW burbs, Illinois
I've noticed diet with my torts has a big impact in their poo. On days when they get a lot of spring mix their poo is more moist and a "pile" but on high grass/weed days its your longer solid ones.. Not to mention the stress thing, the first day when I bought my Leo he diarrhead all over me when I was holding him. I'm guessing it was stress. My torts are also 8 and 6 months old, idk if it makes a difference or not.
A fecal never hurt though. Not to mention its pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.