Should i keep my baby sulcata outside, even at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankTheTortoise

5 Year Member
My dad just built my baby sulcata a nice enclosure outside and he has two hide always (I'll put up pictures soon). It's raining tonight and it'll get around 84 degrees f (I live in Phoenix, Arizona). Will this be cold for my tort? It'll probably get muddy since half of it is dirt and he's already ran around and got mud all over himself, I may be acting a little over-protective) but the mud is okay right? I'm just worried he might get too much stuck on his face and not be able to open his eyes/mouth or breathe.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Mud is perfectly fine. I do spray mine off if it gets to be ridiculous though. The weather has been awesome here in the Valley for torts! With that being said though how old is the tortoise? If its a hatchling I'd add a heat lamp to be safe but turn it off during the day. If its a juvenile or older the temps have been great day and night.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't like to leave my babies outside overnight regardless of the weather. I just prefer to have them inside where I know they are safe.

xXtortoiseloverXx

10 Year Member!
south Florida
I would never leave my hatchling outside in the rain, 84 degree at night is fine , and make sure it is predator proof .

Status
Not open for further replies.