Should my two torts share the same habitat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortTopper

5 Year Member
Hello, all

I have two tortoises, one is an Indian star and one is a Sulcata, The Sulcata is 5'' long and the Star is about 4.5''. The star, Mando is 3 years old and presumably female. The Sulcata, Walnut is 2 and also presumably female. They share an acrylic box measuring 30'' long, 12'' wide and 12'' high. They have been living together ever since late 2010 and seem to be getting along very well, they eat together and never fight over food. Although, as they age I am afraid that they would start fighting over territory and am also a tad scared that if I am not present they could start fighting. Sometimes I see Mando digging under Walnut to try to get to a corner but I believe thats just because Walnut tends to hang around in Mando's favorite corner. :) Please tell me if I should separate them or not, because all in all they are best buds. [/font]:tort::tort:

arotester

5 Year Member
you should have separated them as soon as you bought them,you shouldn't put two different tort species together.
Also sulcatas can grow very large and they need a large enclosure or backyard so start making some arrangements soon.
Torts are not social animals and they don't need company so they will remain happy without each other.
:)

TortTopper

5 Year Member
Ok thank you for telling, I will make arrangements to separate them soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.