Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We've all seen Ralph's and Bob's bumpy nose. I thought it would be fun to see all of your sulcata faces. Let's break out the camera and get a shot of those cute sulcata faces and let's brag and compare. I'll start. Here's Dudley:

100_1031.jpg

I don't know how you folks get those really nice close-up shots. I put my digital on the little flower symbol and got close, and you see the result. Looks the same as it I didn't adjust to "close-up."

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww Dudley is cute! Have you tried laying on your stomach with the camera on the ground and pointed slightly up? I'm no photographer so that is my only idea.

rwfoss

5 Year Member
An adult female sulcata I met a week ago.

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

This is our new sulcata, Petunia.

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh man!!! She is sweet! She looks like a Petunia, what a sweet face she has. I want her!!! When she disappears you'll know where she is! She really has a different looking Sulcata face, too bad she didn't make the calendar. She really is exceptional looking.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Dudley looks very "wise". He's just got a regal look about him. I love the female with the strawberry! Very awesome pic. And then Petunia, well she's just as cute as anything. She has a very "pretty" "girly" face.

M

Maggie Cummings

DAC8671 said:
I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Dudley looks very "wise". He's just got a regal look about him. I love the female with the strawberry! Very awesome pic. And then Petunia, well she's just as cute as anything. She has a very "pretty" "girly" face.

Dudley's head is too small for his body...where's Ralph???

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
We've all seen Ralph's and Bob's bumpy nose. I thought it would be fun to see all of your sulcata faces. Let's break out the camera and get a shot of those cute sulcata faces and let's brag and compare.

Well Here is " Harley" ....He Says HEllo!

P1010495.jpg

This was used for my X mas Cards 2 years ago !
JD:shy:

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
That was a total knee-slapper! :D

Father Christmas who won't hold still long enough to get a photo with the hat resting on his head...and it looks like he has a cigarette hanging out of his mouth! A very Harley Christmas, indeed. :cool:

Hurry up the rest of you so I can enjoy more amazingly unique Sulcata faces...and remind yourselves of how lucky you are to be able to keep these magnificent creatures at your home! ;)

[Kate--I don't know if I'd be brave enough to prostrate myself in front of a full-grown male Sulcata...can you imagine what would happen if Dudley got a sudden ramming urge?] :p

S

Scooter

Here are a couple pictures of Thor. He seems to love the camera lol.
rsz_img_1634.jpg
rsz_img_1640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just because I said we've all seen them is no reason to exclude them from this thread. Come on...let's have a Bob and a Ralph face!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, it's clear this wee one thinks he's regal, anyway (he's got big plans)! :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Here are some from little Thunder not long after I got him. He's doing much better now. Had some MDB, pyramidding, cracked shell, under sized...

20308_37810_VeryLarge_2jAbEg0zUjZ6fY2.jpg

20308_42431_VeryLarge_n0SMJaFMAe.jpg

20308_37037_VeryLarge_fVeOEqL8oB7.jpg

Tank - my teenager. Same sweet and gentle character as Thunder.

29083_58493_VeryLarge_aR3P4yBUrW6w1.jpg

29083_59312_VeryLarge_P5WL7Q0ekA8.jpg

29083_75689_VeryLarge_jhEnh16JzJUzw.jpg

29083_75691_VeryLarge_YSUyDiH6TU0.jpg

29083_75692_VeryLarge_bvzgWOIvwsU8WC.jpg

Tank and Thunder:
29083_58492_VeryLarge_FtoXQAhjBFd.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Chad: Looks like poor little Thunder had to endure quite a bit in his young age. But what a pretty little face. I'll bet he's a girl. Nice feminine face. And you've either got some pretty big dandelions or else little Thunder is pretty small in that picture.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Then there is my trouble maker... Dozer...

26836_54186_VeryLarge_CagYSJWan081qCM.jpg

26836_54187_VeryLarge_FUuxZgVLJR0ZBhC.jpg

26836_54189_VeryLarge_z2uM7eioeQUi2rX.jpg

26836_54190_VeryLarge_3estGAzSzQq4q.jpg

emysemys said:
Chad: Looks like poor little Thunder had to endure quite a bit in his young age. But what a pretty little face. I'll bet he's a girl. Nice feminine face. And you've either got some pretty big dandelions or else little Thunder is pretty small in that picture.

I think girl as well. See the split \ extra chute? (how do you spell that?)
Not a sure thing, but I've heard it can be an idicator...

He is about 4 inches :( Maybe 5 by now. Should be much bigger. Has really put on weight though. In those pics, he was still very light in the hand, and the shell was soft and thin feeling. Now he feels solid as a brick and very heavy in the hand for his size. And yes, those are very big weeds :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I noticed the extra scute.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I don't have any new ones of Ralph, but these are the latest taken in January....

11410ralphw6.jpg

11410ralphw3.jpg

11410ralphw2.jpg

11410ralphw1.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whiteshizzle said:
My new baby :)

Aw-w-w-w! He's just a tiny baby...still has his egg tooth. Very cute. Be sure to read up on baby sulcata care. You have a good shot at raising a smooth tortoise is you start now.

DAC8671 said:
I don't have any new ones of Ralph, but these are the latest taken in January....

I just LOVE Ralph's nose. He's got a very sweet face too.

Status
Not open for further replies.