Show us your Sulcata

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm thinking that because of what we have learned in the last 5 years or so, there are going to be more smooth Sulcata and less MBD than ever....I wish I had gotten Bob before he was 5 yrs old. He might be smooth today...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All great looking sulcatas. Love looking at them, although it does make me want one:D
That pic of Bob in the pond is a great shot, love it.

M

Maggie Cummings

Looks like Bob not only thinks he's a dog, but a turtle as well!!

Bob plays 'submarine'. When it's hot enough, he completely goes under the water and stays for a long time. It worries me and makes me laugh at the same time. I think he's part DBT...

rearlpettway

Mike Taylor,
I have a few questions to ask you.

Sent from Rodney Earl Pettway's iPad using TortForum

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
My ten month old Harper. 603 g this week!
IMG

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
Bob plays 'submarine'. When it's hot enough, he completely goes under the water and stays for a long time. It worries me and makes me laugh at the same time. I think he's part DBT...
Do you have a pond in your yard??

M

Maggie Cummings

At first I got him a kiddie pool and cut an 'entrance' in it, but Bob preferred to crush the sides and spill all the water out. Then he would sit in the empty pool with a really confused look on his face. Too funny...so I gave in and just dug a big wallow. I dig it deeper every year. So actually all it is is a big hole in his lawn, that I fill with water every couple of days. I keep thinking about pouring cement in the bottom, but I'm just not sure that's a good idea. Somewhere here on TFO is the story of Bob's pool with pictures. But I can't find it...

found it!...

tortoiseforum.org/threads/bobs-pool-and-other-stuff.26789/#post-248228

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG! I'd forgot about his summer day, much more fitting about his pool. Thanks for those links, even I get a kick out of seeing how he used to be...

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
OMG! I'd forgot about his summer day, much more fitting about his pool. Thanks for those links, even I get a kick out of seeing how he used to be...
Ha ha ha!!!! Those posts are great!!!! Bugger didn't even bother to go around the cinder blocks... just right on through... and the submarine pics are priceless! Is he still for sale??? LMAO!!!!