Sick Sulcata Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoffman2014

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
Hi I was soaking my baby sulcata today when I noticed that she was blowing bubbles out of her nose and making sneezing noises. She is also passing a lot of the white stuff that sometimes comes out when she pees and pooping a lot. Can someone tell me what's going on and what I need to do? She still has a great appetite and is acting normal besides the occasional sneezing and bubbles that have gone away now.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well, if your tort is blowing bubbles while in a soak and or when removed from the soak---I would not worry too much, they will sometimes sneeze as well, all things that can occur while soaking--especially if there are not other issues that lead to an issue....

The white stuff (urates) are a normal thing to occur in your species of tort....just be sure that you are soaking your tort once a day and keep the tort hydrated--as your tort becomes hydrated and has access to water on a regular basis they will consume more water which in turn will let them clear their system of the urates and eventually you will see less of the "white stuff" :D

ahoffman2014

5 Year Member
Austin, Texas
Ok thank you sooo much!!!! I was really worried about her!!! I guess I just over reacted cause she isn't blowing bubbles anymore but her breathing still sounds like she's almost smacking. Is that normal?

BigD9

5 Year Member
Florida
When mine was blowing bubbles && making sneezing noises i got him meds from the vet && it went away.
The vet said it was a respiratory problem, but the meds help! && he was healthy again:)

RockPBody

5 Year Member
Florida
RE: Sick Sulcata Baby

My tort did that once and it was strange. At first i thought it was my hermit crabs but when i went down to check on him he just kinda stared at me then did it again. And that was the last time i heard that again. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.