sick sulcata ? not sure

graciemay98

Location (City and/or State)
OH
Hello,
my less than 2 year old sulcata has never had any problems and still visually looks fine.
but i noticed lately i can hear him breath (sounds like water stuck in his nose sound) like a whistling. and today, i noticed he hasn’t moved an inch since opening his eyes and waking up. (he usually get up and runs over to wait for food).

i waited an hour, still no movement. so i put him in his water soak. he isn’t moving around in his soak either, and still has that whistle breathing. along with some heavy up/down movements when he breathes.

what is this?? anything to worry about?

graciemay98

OH
nevermind, i think my little guy just needed to make a big poo! lol ?
i can’t figure out how to delete my post now. but i guess if this sounds like something more serious to anyone, you’re more than welcome to still reply

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's never a bad thing to ask for advice when you're worried about something tortoise related that you don't understand. Glad he's ok now.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Is he still whistling?

graciemay98

OH
Is he still whistling?
i currently don’t hear it, but within the last couple weeks i do hear him whistling while he breathes once in a while. maybe he’s just been sticking his head under water more often

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am not sure about sulcata noises.. i am glad he seems better.