Status
Not open for further replies.

sid the turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Green Bay
Hi guys!!

Today was show & tell at work. If you dont remember I work with people with brain injuries. My clients loved it!!! It was so awesome to see them get so excited. I wish I could post the pics I took, but due to confidentiality concerns, I can not. I brought Sid inside and all of the clients lit up and asked if that was Sid, I said yes it was and they all sat down and waited patiently until I brought him out. Sid was a trooper, he never once got scared and retreated inside his shell. He did poo alot though, about every 2 minutes. I chalk that up to nerves...lol. I took Sid out and showed him to one of our clients, and our client kissed Sid right on the nose, it was sooooo sweet. Another of our clients "tort-sat" for Sid when I needed to find more newspaper (for poo). Sid even ate out of their hands. We sat in a circle and they asked questions about all of the pets that came in to visit them. When it was time to go, they all said "Good-bye" and wished he could stay longer. I brought Sid home and put him back in his home and he hightailed it straight to his hide...lol. He finally came out when I got home from work. He gave me a look, like, if you do that to me again, I'm going to poo all over you....lol. He thinks it was a hard day for him, but I do that everyday!! I rewarded him for his good behavior with a few meal worms.....and now all is forgiven!!!

P.S. My daughter thinks I'm a dork, because I'm telling all of you about her turtles day!...lol.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
You and Sid done good.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
My kids think I am a dork every day! That was really nice of you!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I love the fact that you can take Sid to work with you. I work in a State Hospital and am not allowed to bring in torts or turtles due to the threat of Salmonella. Even after we went through the process of hand washing policy, etc. Personally I think the PH MD just doesn't like or maybe is scared of torts and turtles. But Hurrah , to a job well done.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I work with people with brain injuries, etc. (www.qliomaha.com) as well and have brought in some of my herd before. I kept an emergency clean-up kit with me, and had some Purell sanitizer to use after handling to calm people's fears of the dread Salmonella.

It was a lot of fun, and I do love showing off the herd!

Status
Not open for further replies.