Sigh indoor garden with unwanted guest plants

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
Small vent for the day

I setup a grow tent, planted endive, chicory, dandelions and some various lettuces, entire 9 yards. The prices on the good stuff keeps rising locally, and I figured between gas and $5 endive bundles I would make out okay with LED grow lights and a tent.

The soil was contaminated with sunflower seeds, I have 100s of small sunflowers sprouting right now. Really not sure if I should start plucking them, or start over.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
They might be edible?????
Perhaps, but they also grow faster and taller, with LED grow lights you want them at a certain height. If I let them grow, then the shorter plants will suffer.

TisMary

New York
Small vent for the day

I setup a grow tent, planted endive, chicory, dandelions and some various lettuces, entire 9 yards. The prices on the good stuff keeps rising locally, and I figured between gas and $5 endive bundles I would make out okay with LED grow lights and a tent.

The soil was contaminated with sunflower seeds, I have 100s of small sunflowers sprouting right now. Really not sure if I should start plucking them, or start over.
If you do start over, you might want to sterilize your soil first (to kill off stowaway seeds). Any old baking sheet should do. Bake for 30 minutes in a 180°F oven. Depending on how much soil you have, you may have to cook a number of "batches". I put a fan blowing out the kitchen window when I do this (smells like dirt!)

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
If you do start over, you might want to sterilize your soil first (to kill off stowaway seeds). Any old baking sheet should do. Bake for 30 minutes in a 180°F oven. Depending on how much soil you have, you may have to cook a number of "batches". I put a fan blowing out the kitchen window when I do this (smells like dirt!)
I'll probably just use garden cloth and do a more controlled plant, it's too much soil to do that with.