Size updates on Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA

So we weighed Tex Wasabi a couple of months ago and he now weighs around 80 pounds. Captain Jack has spent the entire summer outside and wow has he grown. The last time I weighed and measured him was last November- he weighed 4 pounds and was 8 3/4" long. This weekend he weighed 11 pounds and is now 12 " long and still smooth! I'll try and get pictures tomorrow.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Awesome!! That sounds great, your torts are growing by leaps and bounds.:) Do post pics. I would love to see them.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Sorry, forgot to get pics. I haven't been on in a while either. I just went out and weighed Captain Jack again. He is now 15.2 pounds and 14" long. This "little" dude has a crazy growth rate. Last month I had to take Tex Wasabi to the vet. He had developed a cold with snotty nose and very loud breathing. The vet prescribed Baytril which I've read about on the forum. But when the vet tech came out with the bottle, she mentioned it was meat flavored. I laughed and asked, "How do I get an herbivore to eat strong smelling meat flavored tablets?" She said "Well, it's the only flavor they come in. You could hide it in banana?" Again, I kind of laughed. I've never given him banana. So I went home and tried to hide it in Mazuri. He's too smart for that. I tried to hide it in a chunk of banana. He wanted nothing to do with it. I got him to take it best when it was broken up into smaller pieces and shoved into either a slice of cactus or a chunk of cactus pear. I have never been so glad to see those days end. Has anyone else had a similar experience or advice for me should it ever happen again? I'm certainly praying it doesn't.

Both the boys are in their house for the night as it has been crazy cold here the last couple of days. I'll have to wait until next weekend probably before I'll be able to take some pics.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When I saw the subject title of this thread I said: we haven't heard about good old Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack in a while. Where ya been?

They do grow fast!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Sorry I've been out for a while again. Life has been crazy! Well, Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack are growing like weeds. Jack is thriving being outside full time. He is now about 17-18 pounds. His growth rate is insane! I I fully believe that if his growth rate continues like this he will end up bigger than Tex gets. Tex is all about the slow and steady growth. He is like a big teddy bear without the fur. Very easy-going personality. Jack, on the other hand, is starting to become a bit of a bully. We'll keep an eye on the both of them and will separate them when the time comes. Right now it's all about food. As long as I feed them in totally separate areas, it's all good.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Very nice, i love your profile pic! Also, i have a cousin that lives in Rocklin, too... I love it up there, perfect desert tort climate! :cool:

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
image.jpgHere are a couple of pics from today.
Tex Wasabi- probably 83-85 lbs.
Captain Jack -probably 17 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.