sleeping all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caymaria

5 Year Member
Just got my new greek baby yesterday (well, she is 9 months old) and put her in her new enclosure. She ate well yesterday but has been sleeping all day today. She did move from one end of the enclosure to the other into her hide log this morning, but other than that, just wants to sleep all day buried in her substrate. Is this normal? Should I wake her to feed her or just wait until she comes out and leave her be?

I am a paranoid tortoise mommy!

Here's some info on her new surroundings I set up yesterday if this helps...

I have a ceramic planter on the hot end tipped sideways and log on the other side with some moss in it. I have her in a 26-27 gallon tote (for now) and have been eyeing the temperatures all day. It is about 95-97 under the powersun and heat emitter combined on one end. I can't seem to get the temperature any higher and the powersun alone wasn't cutting it. Tried adjusting the height, etc. So went out and bought the heat emitter (both the emitter and powersun are 100 watt) and was able to reach 95-97 in temperature directly under those bulbs as a hot spot for her basking. The other end is cooler (where she is sleeping now), around 75-80 and I am leaving heat emitter on at night on one end to achieve a 70 temperature at night.

Thanks so much! :)

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Congrats. I dont have experience wih the sp., but i do know tha babies hide all day. My redfoot hid all day and i had to physicalky take him out to feed him...... Now that he is a year old he no longer buries himself and is out in the open so hes definitely progressing nicely

M

Maggie Cummings

Babies sleep a lot. Every day take her out and give her a warm soak, then put her in front of her food. Even if she doesn't eat it, do the same thing every day and if she's not sick she'll start eating. If she's sick, that's another thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.