Sleeping habits in baby/young Indian Stars

HarvestHerp5

Location (City and/or State)
Harvest, AL
I've had one Indian star yearling for about 7 months and got a pretty young hatchling about 2 months ago. Neither one of them will go in a hide on either the cool or warm side of the enclosure. I have flower pots on their sides, and a bridge-style hide with sphagnum moss under it. Both of my stars prefer to sleep in moss that is more in the open or between the plants. My redfoots almost always sleep in their hides. I think it's interesting how different their habits are.

Attachments

• 20190105_135757.jpg
    20190105_135757.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 57

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
What a cutie!
Maybe put the moss in the hide. Also I think a plastic container (wash tub) turned upside down with a doorway cut out might encourage them to use it more. I think it would feel more cave like and provide more humidity.

It is interesting how different species act.

Are they in an enclosure together?

HarvestHerp5

Harvest, AL
I had a plastic shoebox type thing in there with a door cut out and moss in the hide. Still, neither one would use it. I took it out to give them more tromping room. They are together (4 x 2 enclosure) and are perfectly compatible.

HarvestHerp5

Harvest, AL
I had a plastic shoebox type thing in there with a door cut out and moss in the hide. Still, neither one would use it. I took it out to give them more tromping room. They are together (4 x 2 enclosure) and are perfectly compatible.
My redfoots are in a different enclosure, in case that was confusing.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Do they sleep together?