Sleeping in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tor-tise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys my baby sulcata is sleeping in the day a lot is that normal? he eats A LOT EVERYDAY!!!!:p but before he kept trying to get out like pushing his head toward the corner of the tub and clawing at it but now hes been sleeping late, waking up eating, sleeping, then wake up again and repeat that process until he actually goes to bed. and he doesn't have a water bowl how would i make one? or what can i use?

thanks

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
You can use a saucer that goes on the bottom of a plant pot. You can get them fairly cheap at Walmart or home depot. If you can't pick one up, you can always use a jar top, like to a peanut butter jar or something similar that is very shallow. The baby definitely needs a water dish. You should also be soaking your baby daily for about twenty minutes in Luke warm water.

Babies do sleep a lot! If he is eating normally and waking everyday, I wouldn't be worried about it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read the threads at the bottom of my post. They will give you the information you need to raise a happy, healthy, smooth sulcata. Also, get a water dish ASAP. One he can get in and out of on his own should be choose to. Also, soak him every day in Luke warm water for 20-30 minutes. If temps permit, he should be getting outside in the sunshine for an hour or so every day. Make sure while outside, he has shade to get under and water available out there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.