Sleeping out of Night House ?

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Coeur D Alene,ID
I was wondering if it's ok for a tortoise to sleep outside it's night house at night or do I put her in her Night House myself. Reason being is Nala will sleep on her Loft and go inside her Night House at Night. Recently she has been staying up later and later and I'm afraid when the lights turn off at 7 pm she will be stuck up there. Is it ok for her to sleep out all night. Loft is Heated at 84 degrees always.Or will she try to get to her Night House in the dark?

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
No. After you put him away a few times he should go by himself.
Hello Yvonne, Thanks for your advice. No to what question? .Nala goes in by Herself every Night but I'm concerned if she misjudges the Time and her lights go out and she's up on her Loft still what should I do?

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Are you asking if she can see in the dark? And can't see to get back to her hide. Maybe she likes the temperature of her loft also.
Hello Cathie,Thanks for the Reply. I'm just asking if it's ok or normal for a tortoise to sleep outside it's Night House Or should she be Placed in her Night House before her lights go out, Nala has been getting closer and closer to that time Or will her instincts kick in and go to her Night House after Dark.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Cathie,Thanks for the Reply. I'm just asking if it's ok or normal for a tortoise to sleep outside it's Night House Or should she be Placed in her Night House before her lights go out, Nala has been getting closer and closer to that time Or will her instincts kick in and go to her Night House after Dark.
This is all indoors, right? The loft, the night house, the rest of the enclosure? If its all indoors, warm, and safe from predators, then I'd let her sleep wherever she wants.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Yes, If you put her in her night house, and she ends up on her loft, then I would have to say the Loft is much more comfortable to her as opposed to the Night house... Let her decide where she wants to sleep...seconding what Tom said...

Skunkworks

Tortoise Club
Coeur D Alene,ID
Thanks Menagerie. I never put Nala in her Night Box, She always goes inside just before 7 pm. But if Nala was to remain on the Loft all night then I know Now it is Ok if she started to sleep Upstairs.