Sleeping with head on rock like a pillow

TortMom6

Location (City and/or State)
Citrus Heights, California, USA
My 2 month old Greek tortoise sleeps with his head resting on a rock in his enclosure. He almost never sleeps with his head pulled in.

I have read that this could be a sign of illness like a URI. He has always slept like this (I got him at a week old).

Any thoughts?

Before reading a post where this was a sign of illness, I just thought it was cute behavior, using a pillow of sorts. Now I'm worried.

He eats like a pig, drinks, soaks, basks, and is active as he has always been.IMG_20181016_215837.jpegIMG_20180926_134041.jpegIMG_20180926_131918.jpeg

TortMom6

I should also say that he doesn't always sleep like that. He also sleeps not using a rock as a pillow, but he still doesn't pull his head in.

He can pull his head in thought when he wants to. Like when he hears the word bath time (soaking time). Lol

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I'm not an expert, but I've never known them to sleep with their heads out or using a pillow to be a bad thing. My baby Greeks like to sleep completely sprawled out. They are just very relaxed and enjoying their nap.

As long as he/she is eating, drinking, soaking, and basking normally, I wouldn't worry.

TortMom6

I'm not an expert, but I've never known them to sleep with their heads out or using a pillow to be a bad thing. My baby Greeks like to sleep completely sprawled out. They are just very relaxed and enjoying their nap.

As long as he/she is eating, drinking, soaking, and basking normally, I wouldn't worry.
That's good! I tend to worry and then panic over everything with this little guy. He's just so small and fragile.