Sleeping

Hhollylouise

Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire
Ive had my hermann tortoise for just over a month now and shes 7 months old when i first got her i was told she went to bed the same time everday around 4:30 -5 ish well for the first 3 1/2 weeks she did this with me but the last week and a bit somtimes she goes to bed early and somtimes at 7:30 shes still awake she gets up everday the same time im just wondering if this is normal for them her lights go on and off the same time everday and she gets a bath daily the same time and shes fed the same time i do have a camera ontop of her hide so i can watch her and watch her temps etc while im at work and her humidity is always above 70%

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ive had my hermann tortoise for just over a month now and shes 7 months old when i first got her i was told she went to bed the same time everday around 4:30 -5 ish well for the first 3 1/2 weeks she did this with me but the last week and a bit somtimes she goes to bed early and somtimes at 7:30 shes still awake she gets up everday the same time im just wondering if this is normal for them her lights go on and off the same time everday and she gets a bath daily the same time and shes fed the same time i do have a camera ontop of her hide so i can watch her and watch her temps etc while im at work and her humidity is always above 70%
This could be a seasonal issue, or it could be due to lighting too. What sort of heating and lighting are you using? What type of UV bulb? What substrate?

Hhollylouise

Hampshire
This could be a seasonal issue, or it could be due to lighting too. What sort of heating and lighting are you using? What type of UV bulb? What substrate?
Coco coir substrate a 10% uvb strip bulb and 75 watt basking bulb , im thinking more seasonal its been warmer where we live as spring is coming but the last week we have had a snow storm and temps have gone outside to 10degrees during the day and 5 at night to -1 in the day and -4 at night

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Coco coir substrate a 10% uvb strip bulb and 75 watt basking bulb , im thinking more seasonal its been warmer where we live as spring is coming but the last week we have had a snow storm and temps have gone outside to 10degrees during the day and 5 at night to -1 in the day and -4 at night
I would try adding a LED bulb of one sort or another. Get something in the 5000-6500K color range.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My tortoise is very sensitive to the barometric pressure and different weather fronts. If it's a beautiful day outside and Opo doesn't come out. I check the weather sure enough we will be having a front coming in the next day.