Sleepy 8 Week Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zes

5 Year Member
Our new Marginateds arrived on Tuesday and I am surprised at how much they are sleeping. Yesterday they had a pretty active day, but they were asleep at 7 last night and it is 9 am here and they are still sleeping. Should I be concerned?

Zes

5 Year Member
Thanks. They walk a little and then sleep, walk a little and then sleep, go to the basking light and then sleep. I am trying to stay away from the turtle table and let me have some privacy, give them some time to adjust to their new home and enviornment. It is tough though. I just want to watch them all day long!!!!

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Yes, 1 year on and I still look at crush nearly 24-7
They are so fasinating things!
No because they are hatchling they will sleep alot, my baby did.. but then he died from some illnes so never spent much time with him! :( sad
But tbh crush sleeps alot now hes awake loads too though... he been in bed today since 4 hiding because the fireworks are scaring him bles him! He will be sleeping at around 7 lol
xx

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
As long as they are getting up every day to eat and bask and move around a bit, and have been tested for parasites and had a health exam, I would not worry. I agree that hatchlings do sleep (and nap) a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.