Sleepy baby. Does everything about her care sound ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tignish99

5 Year Member
My little 6 month old cherry head has been pretty perky except the last 3 or 4 days. She is now sleeping quite a bit and not eating as much. She pooped yesterday and it looked ok. We have had her for about a month.

Here are the stats:

Enclosure temp is 82-87 depending on the temp of the room. I have put in a smaller bulb to keep it around 83. Basking spot is around 95. Humidity is 80% and I occasionally mist the enclosure with a spritz bottle. She has a humid hide and a regular hide . Water is changed every morning and then as needed during the day. She tends to drag the substrate into it. Substrate is cypress. She has a cuddle bone. She gets protein once a week with her greens. Zoo Med forest tortoise pellets once a week that she is not really too fond of. Fruit and veggies about once or twice a week which consist of peppers, kiwi, nectarine, mushrooms and other occasional veggies such as carrot. Her greens include spring mix, mulberry leaves, clover, plantain leaves, grass, dandelion.

I am thinking of getting her some squash, and also some pumpkin when it is in season, to increase her fiber.

Am I missing something or is she just going through a sleepy phase?

Thank you

apromann4

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
philippines
Everythings seems fine, diet, temps and humidity, they really sleep at lot, as long as they eat well, do bask, no shoft shel, no shel rot and poops everyday he ' s fine, thats what i have read in the forum, got one cherry and a bigger red foot, they both sleep a lot , just observe if they wake up and walk sometimes during the day, w8 for the masters of torts, they will surely advice you soon

Sent from my S100 using TortForum mobile app

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Lol, yes there are lots of people here the master of tort, hehe unfortunately am not one of them, just reading there threads as much i can, and share a bit, maybe there sleeping, i think is late night in USA right? Am from Asia, its only 8 pm here

tignish99

5 Year Member
apromann4 said:
Lol, yes there are lots of people here the master of tort, hehe unfortunately am not one of them, just reading there threads as much i can, and share a bit, maybe there sleeping, i think is late night in USA right? Am from Asia, its only 8 pm here

Depends where in the USA. Some places are already up and at work, other places are still sleeping.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Oohh i see, its a good thing we had this forum, we can learn a lot of things

abclements

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Sleepy baby. Does everything about her care sound ok?

tignish99 said:
My little 6 month old cherry head has been pretty perky except the last 3 or 4 days. She is now sleeping quite a bit and not eating as much. She pooped yesterday and it looked ok. We have had her for about a month.

Here are the stats:

Enclosure temp is 82-87 depending on the temp of the room. I have put in a smaller bulb to keep it around 83. Basking spot is around 95. Humidity is 80% and I occasionally mist the enclosure with a spritz bottle. She has a humid hide and a regular hide . Water is changed every morning and then as needed during the day. She tends to drag the substrate into it. Substrate is cypress. She has a cuddle bone. She gets protein once a week with her greens. Zoo Med forest tortoise pellets once a week that she is not really too fond of. Fruit and veggies about once or twice a week which consist of peppers, kiwi, nectarine, mushrooms and other occasional veggies such as carrot. Her greens include spring mix, mulberry leaves, clover, plantain leaves, grass, dandelion.

I am thinking of getting her some squash, and also some pumpkin when it is in season, to increase her fiber.

Am I missing something or is she just going through a sleepy phase?

Thank you

I'm no "master of torts" Lol but your diet and everything seems good! I use the zoomed stuff too, but I mix 1 pellet of that with 2 pellets of Mazuri and he eats that just fine.

I know that my tort, who is just over a year old still hides a lot. If he's sleeping most of the day away, that's probably a bad sign, but don't assume that just because he's in his hide that he is sleeping. A lot of the day mine just peers out from his hide, but I can only see him if I get down to eye level with him. But I think you're little guy is fine!

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

tignish99

5 Year Member
You guys are right. She is fine, but I am a worry wart. For my own peace of mind, I am taking her to a reptile vet tomorrow. A real reptile vet, not a vet a dabbles in reptile care. I have been wanting to take her anyways just for a check up, as we have had her for about a month. I want the vet to have a baseline so that if something ever does go wrong we know what she was like at the last check up and to check her over to make sure she is ok now and growing the way she should. Think of me as the parent with their first newborn child. I am sure that a new parent fusses a lot more than a seasoned parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.