Sleepy Boi 2.0

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
I was stroking underneath his chin and for the first time EVER he stretched his neck out, rested his head in my hand and fell asleep. I literally almost cried it was so cute. A8167B78-12C8-4882-BAA5-DEEFFA8A24BD.jpegA8167B78-12C8-4882-BAA5-DEEFFA8A24BD.jpeg

Didn’t manage to get a picture but tried to recreate the scene immediately afterward and he went back to sleep resting on my finger. Sweet little shell baby. 😭

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I was stroking underneath his chin and for the first time EVER he stretched his neck out, rested his head in my hand and fell asleep. I literally almost cried it was so cute. View attachment 353715View attachment 353715

Didn’t manage to get a picture but tried to recreate the scene immediately afterward and he went back to sleep resting on my finger. Sweet little shell baby. 😭
That is such a wonderful feeling,isn't it- to know that your tortoise accepts and trusts you. I still find it very moving when Zola goes to sleep on my chest, while I'm stroking him - even after 22 years !
Angie

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
I honestly feel like it’s the first time he’s truly bonded with me aside from just being happy to see me because I bring him food. Genuinely made me feel so warm inside!
That is such a wonderful feeling,isn't it- to know that your tortoise accepts and trusts you. I still find it very moving when Zola goes to sleep on my chest, while I'm stroking him - even after 22 years !
Angie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I honestly feel like it’s the first time he’s truly bonded with me aside from just being happy to see me because I bring him food. Genuinely made me feel so warm inside!
I do know just how you feel - and you can also feel proud that he has reached that stage in your relationship. If you try to spend a little time with him in a quiet gentle way every day, I'm sure he will make more progress in your relationship.
Best wishes from Angie (in Devon)