Slider sleeping more during the day?

iliketurtles!

Location (City and/or State)
Polson, MT
Hi. I have a slider, not a RES, she is about 20 years old. I've had her since 2000 when she was a wee hatchling. Anyway she's been a very healthy turtle her whole life but lately I notice she's been napping more during the day off and on for about a couple weeks. She's still eating regularly and is her normal self other than the naps. Is this normal with older turtles? Should I be concerned? Thank you for any input.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Well I guess I posted this question on the wrong site...thanks a bunch for all your help. Last time I use this site.
Lol, This is a Tortoise forum. There's not many water turtle keepers here, you would have to patient, so Sorry we didn't cater to your every need in a timely fashion, don't let the door got ya on the way out.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Well I guess I posted this question on the wrong site...thanks a bunch for all your help. Last time I use this site.

Many of us on the forum have lives we do attend to and not sit on the forum all day waiting for you to post! Let alone different time zones around the world.

You need to tell more about how the turtle has been kept and is being kept now. It is not normal this time of year. 20 years old is not old for a turtle being kept properly. How big an enclosure? Outdoors or indoors? What type lighitng? What are the temperatures? How much land area? Ever been exposed to other turtles and/or a male? Is it being kept with other turtles? What are you feeding? Any changes you made this year over last year this time?

When you answer, I may well be taking care of my turtles and tortoises or busy with other things... or sleeping! So be more patient than 5 hours before getting upset! Lots of good and very knowledgeable folks here. Moreso than any other place you can find.