Slumping while Sleeping?

Sienna'sHermanns

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Ray had quite a long walk today, I've been taking him to the local dog-free park to let him wander around and munch on some dandelion leaves.

I never leave his side or let him out of my sight!

But today when we got home I gave him a quick soak and put him back in his home and he fell asleep really fast.

I'll put a pic in of him sleeping, he's still breathing normally and he reacts if I nudge him or touch his shell but I've never seen him slump like this. Just checking with the pros if sleeping like this is normal, just in case.

Attachments

• PXL_20240924_114801869.jpg
    PXL_20240924_114801869.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They can sleep in some pretty weird positions. I think you just wore him out lol
Just be sure the park is not sprayed with any chemicals whether for bugs or weed killers.

Sienna'sHermanns

United Kingdom
They can sleep in some pretty weird positions. I think you just wore him out lol
Just be sure the park is not sprayed with any chemicals whether for bugs or weed killers.

Oh good, thank you!

Fortunately I live in a very eco-friendly "hippie" town and there's several parks where pesticides and chemicals are banned!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh good, thank you!

Fortunately I live in a very eco-friendly "hippie" town and there's several parks where pesticides and chemicals are banned!
It is still not safe. A lot of times the gardening staff does things that the management staff doesn't even know about. There is also the danger of cigarette butts, screws and nails, lost ear rings, toxic weeds, and an infinite list of other hazards. There is no way to make that safe, and you are taking a huge risk every time you do it. Its not safe to do that in your own home, so it certainly can't be made safe in a public park that you have no control over.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Ray had quite a long walk today, I've been taking him to the local dog-free park to let him wander around and munch on some dandelion leaves.

I never leave his side or let him out of my sight!

But today when we got home I gave him a quick soak and put him back in his home and he fell asleep really fast.

I'll put a pic in of him sleeping, he's still breathing normally and he reacts if I nudge him or touch his shell but I've never seen him slump like this. Just checking with the pros if sleeping like this is normal, just in case.
My adult leopard sleeps like this! Alll stretched out and comfy. This is how I find her every morning when I open her door. I particularly enjoy that her back legs are usually one stretched out behind her and the other stretched forward. 😆

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My leopard sleeps like that too. I have even caught my box turtle sleeping like that. Too cute