Small brown bugs in tortoise enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrina

5 Year Member
I've been having an issue with small brown bugs crawling about in my sulcata's enclosure. I was wondering if you guys had any good ways to deal with them. They we're too much of an issue until they decided to explore outside and occasionally crawl along my desk and around my computer and keyboard. (They also love the monitors at night and it's dark in my room.) They haven't seemed to bother my 2 year old sulcata too much, I've always had a few in the tank but they really started to multiply when I added a larger water dish since he needed a new one because of his size.

I took the best photo I could of them, just to be sure they weren't anything dangerous to his health and if you guys could help me ID them. They do fly, they look like very tiny beetles and are all brown. They also like to drown themselves in my drinks if I leave a cup with something in it in my room overnight. (I've been using it as a way to kill some off at least.) Any better ways to deal with them, or cut back their numbers faster?

JbPMQ.jpg

(The buggers are so small I can hardly get a good fcous on them)

Thanks for any help, I've been a bit of a lurker for advice on the forums. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.