Small Sulcata in need of a good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I have a small (under 6") Sulcata that I would like to adopt out to a good home. I was given this tortoise back in January by it's former owner. The story is an all to common one: kid wants a pet, pet shop sells them a Sulcata and tells them to keep it hot and dry because it's a desert species, doesn't need water, gets it from food. "Feed it the packaged food we sell, it's easier". So and so on.

This one is obviously very pyramided and it's shell isn't as hard as it should be. Since it's been here the diet has been corrected, it is watered twice weekly, along with twice daily water sprays and more moist substrate and it has been eating calcium carbonate in volumes.

This little one is otherwise very healthy and very, very active!

I would strongly prefer that it goes to a climate in the U.S. that is suited for it. An experienced Sulcata keeper would be great, but as long as someone is willing to learn what is needed to maintain this species and realizes that it is going to get large I'd be okay with that.

The new owner will be required to pay shipping fees. You can Email me your zip code and I can let you know what the exact shipping cost will be. There are no other fees.

PM me here or Email me direct for any other information.

Thanks, Gary

Sulcata-1.jpg

Sulcata-2.jpg

Sulcata-3.jpg

sharondipity

5 Year Member
I was forwarded your ad, by my Daughter-in-law. I am on the west coast (Oregon), she is on the east(Maryland). We are both tortoise owners....NOT BREEDERS. Our tortoises are part of the family. I am wondering if you have been able to find a good "forever home" for the sulcata baby? Any updates and info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sharon

thelma humpert

5 Year Member
My zip code is 85213, I live in Az. I have several sulcatas. If you want a forever home for him just let me know. Thanks

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
I live in Florida and my zip code is 32503. Let me now how much shipping is and if it is a reasonable price i could provide a wonderful home for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.