Small waterland land tubs for spotted turtles

Washingtonpost77

5 Year Member
Hello. I just wanted to know if you can house a shallow water species of turtles such as a spotted turtle in a waterland land tub. The tub only can be filled with three inches of water. Thanks.

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal California
Does the waterland tub hold enough water at the correct depth to fulfill the 1 inch to 10 gallon minimum suggested guideline?

I would love to have one of the tubs. It would simplify the setup for a smaller mud or musk turtle. However, I have only found glass tanks on Craigslist for free or nearly free.

Washingtonpost77

5 Year Member
Does the waterland tub hold enough water at the correct depth to fulfill the 1 inch to 10 gallon minimum suggested guideline?

I would love to have one of the tubs. It would simplify the setup for a smaller mud or musk turtle. However, I have only found glass tanks on Craigslist for free or nearly free.
Hello. I got this tub as well as the water version of waterland tubs. I like the land version because their is more swimming space and has a small ramp to get to the land part of the enclosure. The water version although much deeper does not give as much space to swim and has a much bigger and deeper land portion. I don't know if it meets the 10 gallon file. I currently am housing a juvenile North American wood and adult male spotted turtle in it.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Sounds pretty shallow for an adult spotted turtle. Although they do great and prefer shallower water, I like to keep the water at least deeper than the turtle is wide. If they flip over they need to right themselves and in water that is shallower than their shell width, they cannot do that and will drown. Otherwise, shallow water is great for them, and the 1 inch to 10 gallon rule is not applicable in a shallow water environment. Good, proper filtration is though, or constant water changes.