Smooth Shell - Changed humidity plan 6 months ago - Still smooth?

Zeko

5 Year Member
Hello,

I've raised my Redfoot for the first 1.5 years using mainly daily soaks and 3 humidifiers pipped into his setup. His shell has always been very smooth. Now that he is just over 2 years old and a bit bigger (around 6 inches), I've had to change to 1 humidifier and a mistking to get the humidity level up in his bigger tank.

I am wondering if his new growth is as smooth as his old? I understand that as they get bigger, the new growth will have larger and larger growth lines.

Let me know. If it's not as smooth as it should be, I'll figure out how to run more humidifiers again.

Thanks,
Brad

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 83
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 79

Zeko

5 Year Member
Haha funny guy! ;)

Is there a way (pictures?) to see the difference between smooth growth and pyramid growth? I've read through all the posts on it, and have never actually seen how to tell the difference.

Thank you for any help!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland

Zeko

5 Year Member
Hey! Thanks for the link.

I was wondering more about a close up of the growth in between the scutes. If you are able to see if that growth is representing what will be smooth or bumpy growth. So far I haven't found any close up comparisons for this.

Once they stay smooth or end up bumpy it's easy to tell ;) It's more the knowing what the current and most recent growth is indicating.

Thanks!,
Brad