Snake id....

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Was doing chores in the pancake's yard and noticed this guy watching me. He seems very well fed!! I believe he is an eastern garter snake, but would just like a confirmation. I moved him out of the yard and into the woods. I'm in central Ga. He is a cute little guy!!

yillt

That's awesome. You can see his last meal a couple of centimetres from his head.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
He did you a favor mice like to chue on tort shells and it looks like he ate one ! Have a great tort day!

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That would be an eastern garter. Man look at this bulge. Good catch right there for that guy.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
That's a anaconda! They live in mexico!

Jk. Idk what snake it is. I detest snakes cause they creep the living poop out of me! Lol. All snakes are deadly to me..

Although I could never bring myself to kill one..

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
The one I don't like it and I don't like any.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Eastern Ribbon ....or Garter as Kelly mentioned. Both look very similar , I would need a belly shot to positively Id.
Some garter snake triva ....even though thought as a harmless snake ...they do possess salvia that can be toxic to amphibians and other small animals. Also they may when handled or disturbed , secrete a foul-smelling fluid from postanal glands.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
N2TORTS
Remember this topic if your looking for advice . All this was given to help .holy cow ! Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Aww, that is so great! Harmless little... Well, Thamnophis for sure, but I haven't the faintest if it's garter or ribbon. :D What a lucky find. I want to move somewhere, someday, where snakes frequent the backyard...