So... (didn't poop)

Ketta

Location (City and/or State)
Venezuela
How often should Keto poops?? He pooped twice yesterday.. But nothing today... should I worry?

Ketta

Venezuela
Yesterday he barely drank water, he ate basil leaves, arugula and some banana...today he drank 4 times water... and today he ate basil leave, radicchio, egg yolk, sweet pepper, and some banana... He ate more today than yesterday and still no poop? Since he is indoor I check him every 2 hours or so.. I study in the morning on week days 4 hours but yesterday when he pooped he didn't returned to where the poop was until I cleaned it up.

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
A good long warm soak will probably get him going. Redfoots are known for eating poop too so it's possible he did go he just ate it before you found it....I know right, GROSS!

Ketta

Venezuela
Well he didn't pooped so far today either... maybe he did and ate it... ewww

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I had two male Russian in outside enclosures and whenever I would feed them they would both lay on top of the food like someone was going to steal it

Ketta

Venezuela
So he pooped today again.. I think the fact
He did again today.. could mean that in his other home he was fed only dog food once a week and lettuce. I asked my neighbour if Keto did pooped everyday and he said no not at all.. so now with the right diet.. his digestive system is slowly beginning to work again. Cause I read tortoise digestive system can get stuck if doesn't receive good as such.

Ketta

Venezuela
I meant food as such stupid phone corrector.

Last edited:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Ketta, just make sure you give him the correct diet for redfoots, as well as the right level of humidity and the right temperatures. Also of course the regular warm soaks too, and if he is not sick of some unknown disease, he should be fine!:)

Ketta

Venezuela
Ketta, just make sure you give him the correct diet for redfoots, as well as the right level of humidity and the right temperatures. Also of course the regular warm soaks too, and if he is not sick of some unknown disease, he should be fine!:)
yup thats what i try despite the fact he is very picky... I try my best.