1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

So much conflicting info

Discussion in 'Tortoise FAQs - New and need help?' started by Yvonne G, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Supporter

Sazlee wants to know:

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum .. I have done a lot of research from various sources and off this forum too. but so many sites contradict each other, it's hard to know which has the right info and which doesn't.

And the answer is:

There really isn't an answer to this question! First of all, you must learn what the tortoise needs to live a happy, healthy life - not just to survive. Then you try lots of different things until you are able to provide that life for your tortoise. Each of us prefers something different, but as long as it gives the tortoise what it needs, then those "different" ways are just fine.

There is NO one-size-fits-all answer to tortoise-keeping.
  2. Madkins007

Madkins007 Well-Known Member Moderator 10 Year Member!

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    There is also a big regional effect. A keeper in a big city in southern Florida with a large lot has very different needs for environmental controls and has access to a very different set of supplies and foods than a keeper with an apartment in a small town in northern Minnesota. It gets worse if we go overseas and try to compare ideas.