So much for just having 1 tortoise...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
I found my first RF when I was a kid walking around in the everglades in broward county. South Fl has a great environment for them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I found my first RF when I was a kid walking around in the everglades in broward county. South Fl has a great environment for them.
I've never encountered a feral Redfoot here. But it does seem 100% feasible that a population would thrive if released.
We have all kinds of non native creatures crawling, swimming and flying around!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I've never encountered a feral Redfoot here. But it does seem 100% feasible that a population would thrive if released.
We have all kinds of non native creatures crawling, swimming and flying around!
This was a full grown adult. I have no doubt there's probably some out there now! Catching critters is definitely one thing I Miss about South Fl.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This was a full grown adult. I have no doubt there's probably some out there now! Catching critters is definitely one thing I Miss about South Fl.
It might be about the ONLY thing I'd miss.
I'm a little over the heat, the hurricanes and the $6,500 a year "wind mitigation" insurance.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You are not lying. Definitely some of the reasons I left. Its kind of a bummer going a week or two with no power or water every few years!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I did a on hands and knees search of the enclosure. Removed all of the animals and "weedeated" the thing.
The tally? One adult and 2 juveniles. The good news is that one of the babies..The smallest one has found a new home just 4 or 5 miles from me.
So, it's Julio who is 8 years old now and the smaller one who has no name and is about 5 months old. They have the whole place to themselves and will likely hardly ever cross paths.