So my tortoise likes to jump sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
So for those of you who don't know me my name in real life is Nate and i own a redfoot tortoise that is about 1 year and 1/2 old she is doing really good and she loves her new home i bought her from petco last april. When i first got her she really loved her water bowl and i literally watched her go up to the water bowl look at and then just jump in and then she got out turned around and kept coming back and doing it about 10times until she got tired and went to bed!i had her in a 50gallon tote

But this week my friend got a 70-80 gallon tank we made some huge changes and she is fine with her new surrounds. She actually loves it alot more. Just so that yesterday morning she went in her now water dish i bought for her, climbed up the side of the big dish went untop of her half log hut and decided to just launch her self and jump off of it like she was spiderman.

Can that become an issue, or is it perfectly fine?

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
turtlelover2495 said:
So for those of you who don't know me my name in real life is Nate and i own a redfoot tortoise that is about 1 year and 1/2 old she is doing really good and she loves her new home i bought her from petco last april. When i first got her she really loved her water bowl and i literally watched her go up to the water bowl look at and then just jump in and then she got out turned around and kept coming back and doing it about 10times until she got tired and went to bed!i had her in a 50gallon tote

But this week my friend got a 70-80 gallon tank we made some huge changes and she is fine with her new surrounds. She actually loves it alot more. Just so that yesterday morning she went in her now water dish i bought for her, climbed up the side of the big dish went untop of her half log hut and decided to just launch her self and jump off of it like she was spiderman.

Can that become an issue, or is it perfectly fine?
i wouldnt like that. maybe its super tort. get it a cape.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
My Russian jumps off his log hide all the time it's one of his fav games! Maybe just make sure the water isn't right next to the hide or isn't too deep incase he flips himself over

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
tinkerbell1189 said:
My Russian jumps off his log hide all the time it's one of his fav games! Maybe just make sure the water isn't right next to the hide or isn't too deep incase he flips himself over
Ok then she is fine the water is alright its not deep at all because I also have a baby tortoise in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.