So now the masses are panic buying temp guns...

Courtney760

Location (City and/or State)
Marana, AZ
Well...people are now panic buying temperature guns. Can’t find one under $60 anywhere right now. I’ve had 3 different ones all under $25 in my cart on Amazon so when I get paid this week I can buy it. Every time I add one to my cart, within a few hours it is sold out. Last week there were literally about 60 different temp guns to choose from just on Amazon. So if anyone happens to come across one on a different site would you mind posting the link here please? Thank you!

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Now I'm curious.. what are temp guns used for outside of animal habitats, maybe finding drafts in a building? Are people zapping themselves to take their temperature?

Courtney760

Marana, AZ
Now I'm curious.. what are temp guns used for outside of animal habitats, maybe finding drafts in a building? Are people zapping themselves to take their temperature?
Yep. Because the airports are using them right now people think it’s an accurate way to take their temp. It’s really not the most accurate way for humans. Plus they aren’t realizing that the only reason they are using that method at the airports is because it’s the quickest, most sanitary method. They don’t have the time to just stick a thermometer into everyone’s mouth as they come into the airport.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep. Because the airports are using them right now people think it’s an accurate way to take their temp. It’s really not the most accurate way for humans. Plus they aren’t realizing that the only reason they are using that method at the airports is because it’s the quickest, most sanitary method. They don’t have the time to just stick a thermometer into everyone’s mouth as they come into the airport.
They are totally inaccurate for that purpose. I read the back of my hand and get 86 on a warm day due to perspiration cooling of the skin. Even colder on a cool day. Infrared type thermometers of the type we are talking about only read surface temps. If someone is worried about sickness, they need to read the core body temp, or use a method and device that gives a good representation of the core temp.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They're great at driving you crazy.
I'm obsessed now by windows not fully sealing and the household A/C vents not blowing at exactly the same temperature.
Hopefully you don't have as much free time on your hands....

Courtney760

Marana, AZ
They are totally inaccurate for that purpose. I read the back of my hand and get 86 on a warm day due to perspiration cooling of the skin. Even colder on a cool day. Infrared type thermometers of the type we are talking about only read surface temps. If someone is worried about sickness, they need to read the core body temp, or use a method and device that gives a good representation of the core temp.
Exactly. Rectal thermometers are the most accurate. Scarily enough, my daughter said she wasn’t feeling well last night and that she felt warm (she’s 2). So I went to grab our thermometer. It was either broken or the battery died. Went to 4 different stores to find a thermometer. Nothing. Went to Amazon and EBay. Nothing that shipped in less than a month. Went to go try to buy a watch battery for our current thermometer at Target and Batteries +. Nothing. The guys at batteries plus said they had 15 as of yesterday morning and sold them all yesterday. It’s pretty scary when a mother doesn’t have access to a thermometer when their child says they’re not feeling well.

Relic

Here
Exactly. Rectal thermometers are the most accurate. Scarily enough, my daughter said she wasn’t feeling well last night and that she felt warm (she’s 2). So I went to grab our thermometer. It was either broken or the battery died. Went to 4 different stores to find a thermometer. Nothing. Went to Amazon and EBay. Nothing that shipped in less than a month. Went to go try to buy a watch battery for our current thermometer at Target and Batteries +. Nothing. The guys at batteries plus said they had 15 as of yesterday morning and sold them all yesterday. It’s pretty scary when a mother doesn’t have access to a thermometer when their child says they’re not feeling well.
These are the batteries my little thermometers take. Just bought another batch of fresh ones on Amazon this week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078ZH2NX3/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Courtney760

Marana, AZ

Courtney760

Marana, AZ
where can you get a good cheap but reliable thermometer (it’s mostly for my tortoise)?
Go to your local Harbor Freight or Ace Hardware if you’re looking for a temp gun. I was advised to go to Harbor freight because I couldn’t find anything online due to everything that’s going on. I got mine for $25 and there were probably about a dozen in stock.

1289Gabe

San Diego California
Go to your local Harbor Freight or Ace Hardware if you’re looking for a temp gun. I was advised to go to Harbor freight because I couldn’t find anything online due to everything that’s going on. I got mine for $25 and there were probably about a dozen in stock.
This is mine. Still need to add the plexiglass

jso

55*N, UK
Oh no! That’s what my wife’s been saying to me! (You could have maintained a bit of male solidairty there, Tom!) ?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Well...people are now panic buying temperature guns. Can’t find one under $60 anywhere right now. I’ve had 3 different ones all under $25 in my cart on Amazon so when I get paid this week I can buy it. Every time I add one to my cart, within a few hours it is sold out. Last week there were literally about 60 different temp guns to choose from just on Amazon. So if anyone happens to come across one on a different site would you mind posting the link here please? Thank you!

And I can just bet where they were made! A place with so many atrocities against humans as well as against animals we should NEVER buy nor support them in anything.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just tested my forehead.