So Sad "Female" leopard at the POUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I guess it is a good thing the new cat and dog rule regarding putting animals down does not apply to tortoises.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
I guess it is a good thing the new cat and dog rule regarding putting animals down does not apply to tortoises.

What is the new law?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Well it is not a law per se but our "brilliant" governor (sarcasm deployed) now wants dogs and cats put down in like 48 hours because of so called budget problems. He is putting haydens law on hold which normally they had to wait a week to put down a lost animal now it has been reduced to 48 hours I believe

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well that sucks! So the tortoise is actually getting special treatment with such a long waiting period?

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Kinda upset now that I found out that she HAS to go to the "Northern California Herpetological Society" she WON'T be up for adoption at the shelter, she gets to be moved around for some time....

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
why even tell people it will be available if they send all of them to rescue?
At least rescue has some right to find a good home and can weed out those that have no clue.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Funny thing, I drove by this shelter today. Now who knew there would be a tortoise in their waiting to get out.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I don't think it has to by a law, they probably have a deal with them to take care of exotics for them, my chapter of the CTTC has several deals like that, we take them in for them and then find homes.

I do agree it is dumb to put them up like that and then tell you that they can't adopt it out.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
I just feel bad because the people still havn't taken her she is still all alone at the shelter... it's just sad... I mean if your going to take her then just take her soon.. poor thing 2 weeks at the pound would make me sick all that barking from the other pets.. ugg just sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.