Soaking baby Redfoots

How often do you soak your baby Redfoots?

• Daily

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • few times a week

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Every 2-3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardly ever

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
(figured I do one for redfoots, too)

Right now, I soak little Toby every 2 days. Of course, he has a water bowl and gets misted heavily daily. Is soaking every 2 days okay? Should it be more often?

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I barely ever soak my 3" CBB redfoot. He has a humidifier constantly running and a nice big water bowl. My 4", on the other hand, came to me decently dehydrated, so I've soaked him every day since I got him on black friday. He also poops, which is a big plus for hygiene.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I don't force soaking. If they want to get into the water dish,they have access. Other than that,I spray them several times a day and keep the enclosure very humid.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I soak mine every two days and he loves it. Plus, it's the only time he will poop.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Depends, when they are outside I do not soak them. They have access to water, sprinkler, etc.

Inside, I soak them about every two days. That is just for my peace of mind. The humidity is ok for their enclosure, I just want to make sure they are keeping hydrated. They seem to enjoy it, so I do not feel like I am forcing them into anything.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I try to avoid soaking young'uns, but will if they feel light to me.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
jackrat said:
I don't force soaking. If they want to get into the water dish,they have access. Other than that,I spray them several times a day and keep the enclosure very humid.

:D:D:D

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I soaked mine practically every night. It became a habit for me and plus it seemed to help defecation. If you're worried that your tort will stress just take him or her out before it starts climbing against the sides. That's what I do.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Right now, he doesn't seem to have any trouble defecating (judging by my need for frequent spot-cleaning!). In fact, he rarely defecates during a soak. He just kinda sits there, takes a few drinks and meanders around likes he's just happy to be in a warm bath. Doesn't seem very stressed.

Seems since he's doing alright, and going by the poll results and the comments here, I guess I'll just continue doing what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.