Thanks.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
chilieo said:
How often, how long and water temp.

Thanks.

I soak my adults 2 time a week for 20 to 30 min. Water temp about what their habitat temp. About 78-85.
Just make sure it doesn't cover their chins and that they can get their little heads out of the water. Change water when they soil it.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
I soak my 4 inch and 3 inch tortoises in a large rectangle cooking dish, luke warm water that goes just under their chins

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I usually only do it once a week, but if I feel it's been hotter, drier, or if the food I am feeding that week happens to be lower moisture content, then I up to twice.

I have one Russian, my antique male who hates being in water. He is only forced to take a 10 min soak. A couple of the females really like soaking, so they get longer periods like 30 mins. The rest fall in the middle times.

Like said change water when soiled or if it's cooling down too much.

A sick tort or one not eating, I will give more soaks to...sometimes even once a day, just depends on what I think they need and if it does seem to help.

Of course, if you have a tort who is eating well, eating good quality food and uses his own water bowl, you might not even need to do a forced soak.

B

Bansh88

Under normal outdoor circumstances, I don't soak at all. They do it themselves in their water dish as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.