Have you been watching shrimp videos on YT too? :p
Yes lol, I've become addicted to this channel

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Years ago I rode a BMW Dual Sport for work and sadly 8-10 hours a day riding back and forth on the same street for only 7 blocks took the joy of riding out of me! A 90+ degree day on hot pavement sucked and no opportunity to do off road I gave it up! Now the shooting is a whole other ball of wax! I have travelled thousands of miles to compete in 3 guns and consider myself a fair shot! Funny I have outshot SWAT guys and had my *** handed to me by a retired beat cop! Funniest thing was when I was in NC and we were doing a long gun stage and the guy shooting accidentally hits his mag button and a half full 30 round mag goes rounds first into the mud. He picks it up and slaps it on his thigh twice and reloads- two rounds and he just made pottery in his chamber! NC red mud is a whole another kinda animal!
I've done a little IDPA. That was humbling. It exposes your strengths and weaknesses whether you want it to or not. That made me a better shooter.

I've always wanted to try 3 gun. Never really found a venue for it. Shotgun was my first love. Couldn't afford an AR or even the scope for one. Too young to buy a pistol at 18, so I got the Mossberg pump for $295 and put thousands of rounds through it. One friend commented, "That's not shooting. That's blowin' stuff up!" I enjoy it tremendously and still do. Pistol came next, then precision rifle, and I didn't learn carbines until 2008. Now I'm schooled and competent with all of them. Hard to pick a favorite.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

Attachments

• C0A6D859-0BA1-4D64-9916-F3C818EEE12C.jpeg
    C0A6D859-0BA1-4D64-9916-F3C818EEE12C.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 9

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I've done a little IDPA. That was humbling. It exposes your strengths and weaknesses whether you want it to or not. That made me a better shooter.

I've always wanted to try 3 gun. Never really found a venue for it. Shotgun was my first love. Couldn't afford an AR or even the scope for one. Too young to buy a pistol at 18, so I got the Mossberg pump for $295 and put thousands of rounds through it. One friend commented, "That's not shooting. That's blowin' stuff up!" I enjoy it tremendously and still do. Pistol came next, then precision rifle, and I didn't learn carbines until 2008. Now I'm schooled and competent with all of them. Hard to pick a favorite.
I got an FN-Semi Auto shottie and with hot bird loads it is a beast. I have shot some IDPA and 3 gun with evolving IDPA. The handgun guys were like a blur on the pistol and pretty sad on the rifle with the big learning curve that usually does not take long with their single minded dedication! I shot against a guy with a mossberg semi auto that had a super tube extension- 8" bast the muzzle with blast residue to show it was used. 10 plates in like 4-5 seconds, I think the empty shells took longer falling to the ground. For some it is what they do for fun, hobby, every second of not working! My Doctor prefers tennis for my heart so I have little time now

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I got an FN-Semi Auto shottie and with hot bird loads it is a beast. I have shot some IDPA and 3 gun with evolving IDPA. The handgun guys were like a blur on the pistol and pretty sad on the rifle with the big learning curve that usually does not take long with their single minded dedication! I shot against a guy with a mossberg semi auto that had a super tube extension- 8" bast the muzzle with blast residue to show it was used. 10 plates in like 4-5 seconds, I think the empty shells took longer falling to the ground. For some it is what they do for fun, hobby, every second of not working! My Doctor prefers tennis for my heart so I have little time now
All of them take a lot of practice. That's for sure. Thousands of hours and tens of thousands of rounds downrange. I'm decent with a pistol and rifle, but I can outrun almost anyone with my pump gun. Even the semis. I went to a new school that I'd never been to before. The owner/instructor of the facility allowed me to take his SG Refresher course, based on the other facilities I'd been to and the instructors I'd studied under. On day one of class, he saw my empty gun in the rack and started making fun of it and me. No ghost rings, no sling, no Vang Comp barrel, no breaching tool. Just a run of the mill, well worn, Mossberg pump gun. Once we got to the range and I left all of his top students in the dust, he stopped making fun of me and asked to shoot it. I obliged. I got a little smile and a "hmmph..." sort of noise and not another word was said about it.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Put together another small pond. I'm going to use this one to grow fresh water plants to replace the plants destroyed by the turtles in the big pond. Might add a few goldfish, and who knows maybe a couple more turtles in the future.IMG_20200412_084509010.jpgIMG_20200412_084458832.jpgIMG_20200412_084602409.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Fishing would be great. And I've got a few good fishing holes.
There are endless canals and ponds around.
But I lack the energy to do so, and anyone to do it with.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Fishing would be great. And I've got a few good fishing holes.
There are endless canals and ponds around.
But I lack the energy to do so, and anyone to do it with.
That's the best kind of social distancing.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Cooking, cooking, cooking~~~~~