Soft catfood portions...???

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I bought one of these to try out on my kitty as a treat, this is half of one of the kind that are two portions. I thought I remembered someone saying online in the past that it was alright to feed canned cat food to a red foot tortoise. I was looking at the little serving after I opened it up....Smells good...
20201108_173759.jpg

Would it be a good addition of protein for my tortoise, Artemis? Or just something for a kitty cat only?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So I bought one of these to try out on my kitty as a treat, this is half of one of the kind that are two portions. I thought I remembered someone saying online in the past that it was alright to feed canned cat food to a red foot tortoise. I was looking at the little serving after I opened it up....Smells good...
View attachment 310770

Would it be a good addition of protein for my tortoise, Artemis? Or just something for a kitty cat only?
I feed cat food from time to time for protein.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
i also feed cat food very occasionally...sometimes even accidentally

Attachments

• charlotte cat food.jpg
    charlotte cat food.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Oh so cute! I bought a couple more servings
( Turkey dinner , sweet!) The snobby look on Atemis's face before she would give it a little nibble! Adorable!!!!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
While there are some avid supporters of canned and kibble pet foods for tortoises, it is only a mediocre food option. Fats, fillers, oils, calories- it is quite a bit for the tort. Having said that- it is also perfectly OK as an occasional option in reasonable amounts. Think of it more in terms of ice cream than as meat.