Soft plastron, worry much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godcomplex

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia , jakarta - bali
I dont know how hard baby sulcata plastron is , but i feel its quite soft on my suki. Please take a look.

Specially on the plastron line, but not all of it feel soft

Is it soft plastron? Or is it a disease? I dont know about suki's age but the carapace length is about 6,7 cm . Is this normal? I usually expose suki to the sun daily at 3 pm for about 15 mnts, but this couple of days it was raining so i cant take her out. Im using 75 watt uva lamp.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It should have some give to it. Sort of like a plastic butter tub lid. It should not feel mushy or spongy. With daily sunshine most days, it is unlikely that you have a D3 or calcium deficiency.

Is your tortoise eating, pooping, basking normally? If yes, then you are most likely fine.

Do you know how your baby was started? Wet routine or dry? Might be a clue there.

Godcomplex

5 Year Member
Indonesia , jakarta - bali
Tom said:
It should have some give to it. Sort of like a plastic butter tub lid. It should not feel mushy or spongy. With daily sunshine most days, it is unlikely that you have a D3 or calcium deficiency.

Is your tortoise eating, pooping, basking normally? If yes, then you are most likely fine.

Do you know how your baby was started? Wet routine or dry? Might be a clue there.

It feels like bendable plastic, yes and i also feed her repcal once every 3 days.
Eating like a monster and gigantic poop , but when she urinates i notice that the "white stuff" is more than usual. Not much but not usual. Heres the picture, i always record suki's excretion just incase

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
The white stuff is perfectly normal, they are urates. There is a thread that goes into more detail about it on the home page of the forum under Frequently Asked Questions, “Help! My tortoise just pooped white stuff!” The link is here-http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-14782.html

Status
Not open for further replies.