soft shell turtles with pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent016

5 Year Member
i own two soft shell turtles both under a year old and i think one of them has pin worms how do i get rid of them??? please help

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Vincent016:

Welcome to the forum!!

Is Vincent your name? And may we know where you are?

You can get a dose of Panacur from your vet. Tell him how much your turtle weighs and he'll give you the correct dosage for the animal. It should be pretty easy to dose him because I imagine he'll open his mouth to bite you, huh? You just squirt it down his throat. Then you do it again in 10 days to be sure to get all the worms.

vincent016

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Vincent016:

Welcome to the forum!!

Is Vincent your name? And may we know where you are?

You can get a dose of Panacur from your vet. Tell him how much your turtle weighs and he'll give you the correct dosage for the animal. It should be pretty easy to dose him because I imagine he'll open his mouth to bite you, huh? You just squirt it down his throat. Then you do it again in 10 days to be sure to get all the worms.

yes it is vincent and i live in Palm Bay FL and there are no reptile vets near me and no my turtles dont bite they are both under a year hold and i have been handling them from when they hatched but im sure i could get them to take it

i called a pet shop near me and they told me to feed them anti parasitic food do you think that will help??

Status
Not open for further replies.