softed legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_gato

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Atwater,ca
my cousins tortoise legs feel soft. i dont know what kind of tortoise it is but i need help. is something wrong with the him thats making his legs feel soft. my cousin doesnt take care of him so im going to take it from them. i could use some help with his legs.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give us all the info you can on how he was raised. It could possibly be poor excercise or slippery flooring in the enclosure, like tile or vinyl. But giving us more info will help us to help you.

el_gato

5 Year Member
Atwater,ca
well i dont know have it was raised cause my cousin found him walking around in the road. most of the time he in the garage and im not really sure if they let him outside to walk. here some pictures
image_zpsf1852978.jpg

image_zps4ec0c386.jpg

image_zps1dcb89df.jpg

my cousin told me that he might of been hit by a car cause theres a staple hold a crack together. sorry i couldnt give you guys more info.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can't really see anything wrong. Not sure what you are talking about soft leg. If he doesn't seem to walk right or use all his legs, then maybe a vet visit is in order. Also, did you say he had a staple holding a crack together? Like a staple from a household stapler? Or like a staple that a vet would use ? If he was recently found, you should post an add to see if his owners are looking for him.

el_gato

5 Year Member
Atwater,ca
i dont think its a household staple and not sure if its a vet one. ill tell my cousin to take him to the vet. thanks for the help

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Those sure look like Ca Desert Tortoise legs to me.....The loose skin is likely due to he needs more food consumption ....also, if the tort is in the garage right now it may be due to this is the time of year that they brumate (if indeed you have a Ca Desert Tortoise)....may we please see a picture of your tortoise (like from a distance so we can see the entire tort as well as his face)....he looks like a sizable tort also...

Status
Not open for further replies.