Soil - Home Depot or Lowes help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
Hi guys.
Okay I know the soils or substrates at “Home Depot” or at “Lowes” are pure or good; but these really are the only options around here.

Normally all my Substrates are purchased only because the stores here bite. But now I need to go cheaper for a bit Via HD or Lowes….

Can you Suggest Substrate combos for indoor Enclosures?
Redfoot’s
Sulcata’s

That can ONLY be purchased at *Home Depot or LOWES*

Attachments

• coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 52

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Premier-3-cu-ft-Peat-Moss-70976040/100626048#.UX3KEdCe5kA

I use this for the indoor enclosures...I get it at Lowes, even though here is shows home depot---I have never found it there...lol...

If you use it you will find that the first time you wet it--it seems like it takes FOREVER for the water to soak in...but after the initial time, it takes and holds water fast and for a great length of time....

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I get the ACE brand topsoil (no additives) or the Earthgro topsoil at Home Depot, no additives. Both are relatively inexpensive.
They have worked very well for my Russian; no reason they wouldn't work for other tortoises.

Oh, and generally I rehydrate one brick of coir and throw that in the mix too. :)

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
lynnedit sounds good but here there is only like 2 but far... in CA they were everywhere.....
ascott i will have my husband look for it at work (HD)

ascott said:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Premier-3-cu-ft-Peat-Moss-70976040/100626048#.UX3KEdCe5kA

I use this for the indoor enclosures...I get it at Lowes, even though here is shows home depot---I have never found it there...lol...

If you use it you will find that the first time you wet it--it seems like it takes FOREVER for the water to soak in...but after the initial time, it takes and holds water fast and for a great length of time....

What do you mean by water absorption? Per package how much water do i soak it in for hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.