sold bart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
philippines
i was looking for a girl tortoise that has the same size as bart but with no luck. luckly i found some one who's looking for the same pet but a boy so i sold him bart and bought 2 younger stars. becuase i think its sad to be alone and pets should be in pair beciase everyone needs some love. i hope bart is happy with his new owner and partner...

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Aww thats so sad, Crush is alone I dont think I could ever sell him!
Ive herd though:
M+F - F gets stressed because M wants sex all time
M+M - Fight because there ae no ladies
F+F - Fight because no men!

Dont nno how true it is but when i got crush he was in a tank with another 1. But after hearing that I wouldnt like to put him with someone else although he does seem happy!

xxx

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
just depends on the tortoise, some tortoises fight a lot, some dont fight at all, ive always been lucky i never had aggressive tortoises but there are plenty of stories where they had to keep mean ones seperate. Also as long as you have enough room for them and hides, then should not have a problem

Side note. tortoises dont get lonely, they are solitary animals but pairs are always good,

M

Maggie Cummings

Tortoises don't get lonely. They look upon another tortoise as merely competition for the food. Or possibly males fight for sex. But it's too bad you sold Bart because he was fine alone...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We tend to anthophomorsize (I know I spelled it wrong) basically put human feelings on animals, I am sure most if not all of us do it from time to time. nothing wrong really, but most torts can live a long and happy life all by themselves. IMHO most usually prefer alone to colony living. sad to see that you sold him though.

zekie

5 Year Member
philippines
when i look at him i feel like hes missing something.. then when a went put him with a female he was like a kid on a candy store ahehehe so i tought he would be happy there..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
LOL you put a male with a fermale of course he is gonna be happy. :). but the female is prob not gonna be happy IMO.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Kymiie said:
Aww thats so sad, Crush is alone I dont think I could ever sell him!
Ive herd though:
M+F - F gets stressed because M wants sex all time
M+M - Fight because there ae no ladies
F+F - Fight because no men!

Dont nno how true it is but when i got crush he was in a tank with another 1. But after hearing that I wouldnt like to put him with someone else although he does seem happy!

xxx

LOL. How different is that from humans?
Tortoises are known to be solitary creatures...but I long to have a partner for my Penelope, too.

I think I'll get geckos M & F and have them prosper as a big happy family.

Status
Not open for further replies.