Some of My Animals

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
I wanted to start a thread where I could share some photos of the animals in my TurtleRoom :)

Hope you like them and do not mind the random nature in which I post and the random assembly of such random species. Everything is here to breed and much of the species are endangered and in need of captive propagation. Several of the groups I work with are part of AZA SSPs for their species.

But I start with Testudo marginal, cause she is a pretty...

Attachments

• DSC_1012.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 93

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I'm glad you are posting photos. How old is the Coahuilan?

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Here is some of my Pyxis arachnoides group...
Wow, they are beautiful!!!!!! I love the ones in the background with the stripe straight down the middle of their shell. A very pretty group!

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Would be neat to see an updated video of your turtle room. I remember the one from a couple years ago. Guessing you've added a lot since then. Beautiful turtles

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Would be neat to see an updated video of your turtle room. I remember the one from a couple years ago. Guessing you've added a lot since then. Beautiful turtles
Yeah, that video is more than 3 years old now, actually! I really want to do it but it gets so hard to clean up down there, as my daughter just throws stuff everywhere! She's a little under three years old and she trashes the place while I do turtle chores. I feel like picking up after her never ends.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
This is Big Molly, the Forsten's Tortoise, Indotestudo forstenii, who was kept in captivity in CT of all places, by owners who didn't even know what species she was. Thanks to this forum, we were able to get this record sized endangered tortoise out of her aquarium and into a breeding program.

Attachments

• DSC_1004.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 41

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Poppy, the hypomelanistic Northern Redbelly Cooter, Pseudemys rubriventris. She is a real looker. Unfortunately for me, she will be leaving here next week. It has been fun spending the last 15 months with her, though. Unfortunately, when you dedicate your life to very endangered and genetically pure animals, things like hybrids, morphs, or anything that doesn't breed isn't going to fit into the plans.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 24