10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Not necessarily in order:

0.0.1 (likely 0.1) Giant Yellow Foot

0.0.1 Burmese Brown

0.0.2 Gpp het Sunset Hypo

0.0.1 Gpb

I'll make another thread some other time with my 1.0 Ivory and 0.4 het Ivory group as time permits. I probably won't get around to showing the Thh male unless I put him up for sale.100_0485.JPG100_0489.JPG100_0490.JPG100_0495.JPG100_0497.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I got the "image too large" message when trying to open your pictures. Can you try using photobucket or tinypic? They both resize the image and put it right in your post.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's a very diverse group. They all look good, thanks for the pictures.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You have some very nice looking little guys!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Interesting little squiggly pattern on the berm. Mine have never shown that.

You're using one of those foggers, huh? Do you like it? I've been toying with the thought of buying one.

Your tortoises look very healthy and smooth. I especially like the YF. I'm anxious to see how big she grows. I have three regular YF's that I raised from eggs, and they're worse than pineapples...but still they're pretty cute. Its a nice tortoise with an expressive face. Slowly growing on me (my favorites are the Manouria).

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yvonne, one 2 out of the 4 black mountain tortoise show those little lines. I dont know why, but doesnt seem to effect them.

and nice tortoises. leopard torotises are awesome tortoises, one day i'll get a few again.

kYle

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Very nice pictures. Did you get the gpp sunset het from Wanda?

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
To respond to stuff in order-

1) Thanks for all of the kind comments.

2) I will find the password to my picasa account when I find time to make it easier for all. Until then, this is all I have.

3) I like the fogger. I angle the outlet tube so the direction of flow passes largely beneath a ceramic heat emitter. While this prematurely causes excessive evaporation, it heats the condensate, which might (or might not) prove beneficial when dealing with more delicate younglings.

4) I am hoping I can get consistently smooth growth in the future. It's a learning process for me as well. Before using higher humidity, it was a bit more hit-or-miss. Ideas regarding this have advanced so quickly. The Gpb came to me with a little bit of pyramiding, but I am trying to get the newer growth dialed in. I wasn't really into the Manouria at all until I had the opportunity to interact with a larger local specimen at a children's museum. After that and reading of their personalities, I wanted to give them a shot.

5) I purchased the Gpp het Sunset Hypo duo directly from Wanda. Years ago, I sent her a message via KS when she was selling the F1s as Sunset Hypos in her first ad and explained the issue with not calling them hets and she was very gracious and responsive in immediately updating that ad. To me, that is a positive character trait. Still, until I saw the recently posted F2 animal picture, I considered the trait unproven. Having watched a great many others fall for expensive morph promises in the reptile industry (especially when it comes to leopard geckos) in general that never panned out, I was rather cautious. However, with that recent photo, I became confident enough in the trait to try and see if I could replicate that success. I could not be happier with the quality of her animals. The behavior between the two is also significantly different. The larger one is much more outgoing and fearless, while the smaller one is much more reserved and shy. I'm not worried as long as they both keep eating like pigs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Millerlite said:
Yvonne, one 2 out of the 4 black mountain tortoise show those little lines. I dont know why, but doesnt seem to effect them.

kYle

I've seen it mainly in Greek hatchlings.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Very nice looking babies.

Yvonne, all 4 of my Manouria have that pattern as well, both on the carapace and plastron.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
oh yeah, kyrayah you just got your 4 and oh how cute they are, lol more pictures! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.