Some pics of my pair

Berkeley

This is my first time posting in this subforum, so I thought yall may enjoy seeing some pics of my big pair out in the yard on a recent summer day. The male, Mkondo, was sleeping under one of the shrubs. I've been trying to catch this in photos for years- he is a light sleeper though. He must have been tired that afternoon though, because I was able to get in really close and get some good pics of him.
mkondo.jpg
mkondo1.jpg
He did eventually wake up. But surprisingly, he didn't move toward me. As you all know, sulcatas equate people with food, and normally he bolts right to me. He must have been really groggy that day.
mkondo3.jpg

I love how he just blends in with the rocks in the yard. More than once, he has surprised people when they are over- he just stands up and starts moving.
mkondo4.jpg
mkondo5.jpg

His lady friend, Mzee, was hanging out in the back of the yard, under the complete shade of the trees.
mzee.jpg
True to form, when she saw me, she got up and lumbered over....
mzee1.jpg
...only to be stopped by the tantalizing scent of a little snack.
mzee2.jpg
Ha ha! It must be nice to be a turtle.

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoyed.
--Berkeley

Attachments

• mkondo2.jpg
    mkondo2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 20

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
They are beautiful tortoises. He looks so relaxed. The female looks like she is smiling. I love their big yard with all the trees.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Very beautiful tortoises you have . Would love to see your setup . I like seeing how others setup enclosures so I can improve my setups.

Berkeley

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad that you enjoyed the photos. I'll see about getting some pictures that show the whole yard a little bit better.
--Berkeley