Some pics of my Texas tort girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Pictures of my two Texas tortoise females: Dandelion and Daisy - very sweet, gentle tortoises.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They do look nice :) but they don't look like Texas tortoises to me. Daisy looks like a Desert tortoise and Dandelion is either a Desert tortoise or a Desert/Texas hybrid. If you could take carapace (in the shade or wet) from straight down on and straight down on plastron pictures I can give a go at figuring it out. :D
This is what a pure Texas tortoise looks like. (in my post) http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-13822.html

Danny

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
egyptiandan said:
They do look nice :) but they don't look like Texas tortoises to me. Daisy looks like a Desert tortoise and Dandelion is either a Desert tortoise or a Desert/Texas hybrid. If you could take carapace (in the shade or wet) from straight down on and straight down on plastron pictures I can give a go at figuring it out. :D
This is what a pure Texas tortoise looks like. (in my post) http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-13822.html

Danny

Sure - I can take some pics, but I assure you that Daisy is not a DT. Mike Connor and Don Williams have both identified all three of mine as Texas. I will post some more pics - I am really interested in your opinions. Thanks!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. now we have a problem! I accidentally had Fernando at the computer with me and he got a shot at these two beauties and now he's IN LOVE! :D He wants to know how old they both are and "Are they sisters"? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.